- To be present at the factory at all times keeping the equipment and environment in check.
- Patrol the area on regular intervals.
- Enforcement of safety procedures in the work environment.
- Will shut down the plant or initiate safety procedures when deemed necessary.
- Permitting entry of authorized personnel only.
The guards are trained in following cases:
- System start-up and shutdown.
- Emergency shutdown of boiler equipment
- Signs and operating procedures.
- Safety relief piping and valves.
- Computer monitoring and controls.
- Duties and responsibilities of a Basic Safety Awareness Certificated person
- Safe practices and safety equipment in a boiler plant.
- Fire protection equipment and classes of fires.
- Reports and record keeping, Logbooks and how to use them.
- Reporting of accidents or incidents in a plant
- Duties and responsibilities of a Plant Safety Committee
- Power plants with boiler capacity not exceeding 30 square meters of boiler capacity.
- Steam heating device, boiler capacity does not exceed 200 square meters.
- Fluid heating equipment or low-pressure thermal fluid equipment with a boiler capacity not exceeding 500 square meters.
- Low temperature and low-pressure fluid equipment with boiler capacity not exceeding 2000 m²
- Unfired plants with boiler capacity not exceeding 1,000 square meters